The One He Had Forgotten — Part 2
A young woman sat on an empty park bench in the darkness of the early morning. She was dressed well, as if she had been on a date that night, in a cute red dress. Posed like a doll, all grace and composure, in the middle of a black, black emptiness. A cigarette rested in her hand, smoldering and heavy with ash. A thin trail of smoke swirled around her lazily in the stillness before dissipating into the night.
Margot had the sense that she was surrounded by what would, in daylight, be a pleasant and welcoming park. Yet in the night, encircled by darkness, there was nothing but a steady inky void—warm and stifling.
She stood in front of the woman, who had not yet realized Margot was there, concerned and also confused. She did not know where the compassion came from, the desire to help this woman out, but it was overpowering. Tears began to well in her eyes, and she felt her hands begin to reach outward, reaching toward her. She did not even know where the fear came from—for here was a woman, serene and undisturbed. But there was a foreboding in the darkness. Something awful, eventually, would happen.
Slowly, the woman began to lift her gaze. For a moment, she looked right through Margot, unseeing, and then let her eyes trail slowly to the side. Her chest swelled and receded as she let out a silent sigh. She was waiting, but Margot didn’t know for what.
In the darkness behind her, a green shape began to form, catching her attention. Fuzzy green slits of light, peering through the haze. The longer she looked, the more she was able to see what they were. The realization brought with it a great sense of dread—great green eyes were glaring out from behind the darkness, looking here and there and occasionally pausing on Margot. They knew she was there, even if the strange woman did not.
"Look," the woman whispered, her voice piercing the buzzing silence. Margot made herself look away at the eyes and back to her. "Look," she repeated.
"I don’t understand what you mean," Margot wanted to say, but her lips would not form the words. "Look for what?"
The woman did not say.
Margot lifted her gaze back up to the great green eyes before her, finding that each and every one was fixed solely on her. Piercing, fierce eyes that bore straight through to her psyche. They began to grow in size, to swell up and rush her, and she became aware that they were behind her too. She turned around to verify and, to her horror, that these were even closer. Surely, if she reached out to touch them, her fingers would graze against their odious corneas.
Their presence was overwhelming and mortifying. Vomit threatened to come up, and her knees were getting weak. Before she could lose her composure—
Two firm hands grasped her shoulders from behind, and a rasping voice whispered in her ear: “You need to look, to watch, to see.”
190 Notes/ Hide
- nicolewhistler likes this
- willkimart likes this
- wisdomfromtheyoungandstupid reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- thegirlwithtbrokensmile reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- thegirlwithtbrokensmile likes this
- hthryng reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- alinayala reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- linqiong likes this
- lafour-20 reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- giggl3s reblogged this from lavaduuude
- giggl3s likes this
- fuck-randy likes this
- sevensevenityseven likes this
- yumgravity likes this
- thatslovelydarling reblogged this from lavaduuude
- lavaduuude reblogged this from cravetocreate
- glitchintime reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- allthatjazzi-art likes this
- aleman08 likes this
- inevertolduwhatidoforlivin likes this
- theblondeone2 likes this
- thedailydoodles likes this
- reyenna likes this
- metensomatosis reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- lemad likes this
- hey-duuude likes this
- picmondeea reblogged this from deadlotus
- deadlotus reblogged this from paranoid-asteroid
- foc reblogged this from paranoid-asteroid
- paranoid-asteroid reblogged this from coffee--and--collarbones
- coffee--and--collarbones reblogged this from soul-feeder
- phelps-bo-phelps likes this
- ooomlet likes this
- ifightmywarswithfingerguns likes this
- chronicchristoffen reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- chronicchristoffen likes this
- hideyourfacebecause likes this
- kaleidoscope-3yes reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- valsedelalune likes this
- emicago likes this
- other-side-of-the-multiverse reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- artworthadmiring reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- artworthadmiring likes this
- aweluey reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- aweluey likes this
- ammoncruz likes this
- z3fstyl3 reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- fetch-is-never-going-to-happen reblogged this from other-side-of-the-universe
- kaleidoscope-3yes likes this
- puta-mierda-bien-happy likes this