Many people strive to lose weight. This problem is especially common for women – to get in good shape and find a slim body. But here it is important to approach the question thoroughly, otherwise there is a risk of harming your health. To begin with we need to answer the question: why are you dissatisfied with your own body? Someone gains weight due to lack of activity. Someone just eats a lot. And someone has a problem with hormones – in this case, you can’ t do without a doctor. You can also check what happens to blood vessels when you lose weight and ask your doctor other questions. After that, it is time to move on to our tips.
The main rule of weight loss is a caloric deficit. It’s simple – you need to spend more than you consume. It is important to understand that men and women require different amounts of calories for the body to function. To lose weight, you must first understand how active you are and burn at least 200-400 calories more than you consume.
First about activity levels:
- low – a person does not exercise/fitness and walks less than 10,000 steps per day on average;
- medium – one or two times a week exercising/fitness or walking an average of about 10,000 steps per day;
- high – three or more workouts per week and a high level of mobility (10,000 or more steps per day). Think about it, how much weight can you lose walking 10 miles a day?
You need to choose a physical activity that is affordable financially (money is always an issue), physically (you need to understand your level of fitness) and morally (it’s important that the activity is fun). Being overweight, you should not start with running or active skating. Morning exercise or a long brisk walk will suffice. There are plenty of programs that count calorie expenditure and steps/activity traveled.
Losing weight begins in the kitchen – the key step on the way to a healthy and beautiful body is the diet. It is necessary to revise your menu in favor of proper nutrition: it is advisable to eat five meals a day, including two snacks, give preference to unprocessed cereals, fresh vegetables, seafood, which contains a lot of protein (helps not only build sculpted muscles, but also fast satiety). A balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates should be observed. To lose weight, you should consume a significant amount of protein and virtually eliminate carbohydrates. Can you lose weight eating popcorn? It is a bad idea to limit yourself to one product. It is better to form a proper diet. You can get more information on this link.
To keep your body functioning properly, it is very important to get enough healthy sleep. The need for the amount of sleep varies for all people, but on average it is 8 hours. It is important to develop the habit of going to bed and getting up at the same time.
The human body consists of 80% of water. There is a generally accepted norm of fluid intake. Of course, this includes not only water, but any liquid that enters the body with food: juices, coffee, soups and fruits. But everybody is different and these numbers can be influenced by: age, weight, gender, menstrual cycle, ambient temperature, diet, and health status. It is important to drink as much water as your body needs. This can be determined by the absence of a feeling of thirst and the color of urine – it should be light yellow or transparent.
- Many people initially set themselves unrealistic goals and quit halfway, not having achieved the result. It is impossible to lose 20 pounds in a week. It is important to understand that losing weight is a long and painstaking process.
- If you don’t eat, you will lose weight. Losing weight by fasting is quite realistic. But when it is over, the body will come out of stress and begin to stockpile, which will instantly lead to a setback. Can you lose weight by just eating cereal? Maybe, but to avoid harm, you should prefer a balanced diet.
- Magic pills and powders for weight loss. Diuretic pills or laxatives can be prescribed only by a doctor, examining the body. For a healthy person, such drugs can cause considerable harm.
- Lack of sport and activity. It is impossible to obtain a toned body just by dieting. The volume will be reduced, but the tone will not be there. You’ll get a skinny, flabby body.
Weight loss motivation
The best motivation to lose weight is to read someone else’s weight loss story. There are special groups on the internet where people who have lost weight tell their story with a demonstration of “before” and “after” photos. The motivation to lose weight can be monetary. Promise yourself to set aside $20 for every pound you lose. The savings will go to upgrade your closet, gadgets or travel.
Exercises for weight loss
Losing weight is fast and does not harm your health if it includes physical activity. For example, cycling, walking for 30 minutes, running, swimming. These activities accelerate the metabolism.